2022 Downtown Kingston BIA AGM
You are invited:
Downtown Kingston BIA
Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, November 23, 2022
6 pm Social | 6:30 pm Meeting
Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront | 2 Princess St
Psst: it’s not too late to put your own name forward! Click here to learn more about nominations.
Why it's important you save the date?
This year is an especially important year for Downtown Kingston as property and business owners have the opportunity to elect up to 15 member representatives to serve on the Downtown Kingston BIA Board of Management for the next 4 years. The Board, along with staff, is entrusted with the improvement, beautification, promotion, and maintenance of Downtown Kingston, beyond what is normally provided by the Municipality.
The BIA's mission is to cultivate and enhance Downtown Kingston’s position as the region’s leading culinary, entertainment, shopping and services destination, while attracting more people to experience and contribute to our vibrant downtown community, as well as foster an environment in which businesses can find success.
This event is a great way to get to know other people in the downtown business community and keep informed on the activities of the Downtown Kingston BIA. It's also a great way to be involved in the future of our great downtown. We hope to see you. Be sure to RSVP.
If you own a property or business within the Downtown Kingston BIA boundaries you are eligible to vote for Board of Management Directors to sit on our Advisory Board for the next 4 years. The Board of Management represents the interests of our 700 members and is responsible in part for setting the direction of Downtown Kingston. This is your chance to contribute to the makeup of the new Board and your chance to affect the future success of downtown.
Besides...it's gonna be a blast!
Here's what the evening will entail
- Social Time: Complimentary beverage ticket, hors d’oeuvres and a great chance to connect with neighbours & friends
- View vendor tables with business support, promos, and samples. Would you like to model your merch? Click Here
- Elections: Board of Management (property and business owners in the BIA boundaries are eligible to vote)
- Financials: 2021 Financial Audit Review
- Annual Report Presentation: 2022 Year in Review
- Sneak Peak: 2023 Roadmap
- Levy Estimation 2023
- Committee and Advisory Working Group Signups
- Member survey draw for $250 Downtown Dollars - make sure you complete your survey HERE
- And of course, announcing the new Board of Management!
Voting by Proxy
The member who wishes to authorize another individual to vote in the Board Election on their behalf at the AGM, must:
- Visit the BIA office
- Fill out and sign the Appointment of Voting Proxy Form (Designate Form)
- Have the signing witness by an authorized BIA staff person (who will verify member appears in the BIA member database)
- Have this done 5 days prior to the AGM (deadline- November 18)
Click Here for the Proxy Form
Would you like model your merch?
This year we will be providing approximately 10 tables for partners and members to display some of the merchandise (promos, samples, giveaways, services. etc.) at the AGM. This is a great way to share who you are and what you are about to fellow members.
First-come-first-serve. Limited tables. RSVP and choose Vendor(trade show style table) ticket.
|How do I become a member?||Can anyone attend?|
You are automatically a member if you are a property and/or business owner who is within our BIA Boundaries.
|Downtown Kingston BIA business and property owners, their employees and friends, VIP clients/customers, municipal and industry partners as well as ambassadors of downtown Kingston are welcome.|
Will there be a virtual meeting option?
This year's AGM will be held in person only. Hope to see you there.
Who can vote?
If you own a property or business within the Downtown Kingston BIA boundaries you are eligible to vote for Board of Management Directors to sit on our Advisory Board for the next 4 years.
Can I vote on behalf of the owner?
Yes! A property or business owner may send a representative to vote. This is called a proxy vote.
Can I vote online?
No. All votes must be done in person.