Volunteer for a City of Kingston Committee
Great minds don’t think alike – they think together.
That’s why you are needed to help attract diverse voices for City of Kingston advisory committees, boards, and commissions. You are connected to residents who have a wide range of personal and professional lived experiences. The City of Kingston is seeking passionate people in the community to volunteer, and they'd love your help to share the message below with community members.
Volunteering on a City of Kingston Committee
Volunteering on a City of Kingston advisory committee is an opportunity for residents to share their lived experiences and knowledge to make a difference on important issues in the community. From Oct. 31 to Nov. 11, eligible residents are encouraged to submit applications to serve on the following committees:
- Appeals Committee
- Arts Advisory Committee
- Committee of Adjustment
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee
- Housing and Homelessness Advisory Committee
- Kingston Environmental Advisory Forum
- Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation Board
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library Board
- Kingston Police Services Board
- Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
- North King’s Town Community Working Group
- Rural Advisory Committee
- Kingston Area Taxi Commission
- Planning Advisory Committee
Specific mandates for each of the committees are available at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees.
As part of a one-year pilot program approved by City Council, public members of the Housing & Homelessness Advisory Committee who are not serving as representatives of organizations or businesses where they are employed will be eligible to receive an honorarium of $100.00 per meeting attended. The pilot program will include all meetings held in 2023.
How to Submit your Application
- Online at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees
- By calling 613-546-0000 to request a paper application. We will provide a postage-paid envelope to return the application to City Hall.
- At City Hall, 216 Ontario St. in the City Clerk’s Department.
Applications are due by 4 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 11