Skip to content

Who to call?

one call header

Working Collaboratively with Home Base Housing and The City of Kingston

If this is an emergency or a crime is being committed, call 911  

If you need assistance with an individual who appears to be street-involved*, vulnerable or suffering from mental health/addictions challenges please follow the instructions below:

Between 8 am – 6 pm, 7 days a week call:
Street Outreach Team: 613-542-6672 Ext: 130

Between 6 pm and 8 am, 7 days a week call:
Police Non-emergency Line: 613-549-4660 ex 2244

Note: At any time while waiting for someone to attend, the situation escalates, call 911.

As an alternative: Online reporting of a crime or incident that needs non-urgent police attention can also be done here: 

Help us track what is working to keep our streets clean and safe. Fill out this form when you use the One-Call process.

*Street Involved - describes both homeless and housed individuals who socialize in outdoor spaces and are frequently involved in activities that are viewed as problematic behaviours by others such as panhandling, public consumption of alcohol or other drugs, and hanging out in public spaces for long periods of time. Many times public perceptions of homelessness is not (exclusively) people experiencing homelessness at all, and instead are precariously or under-housed people that have their daily needs met in public spaces.

Resource: OBIAA Homelessness Response Toolkit

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.30.00 PM

Click to download a print version of this information



ONE CALL Expectations: 

From 8 am – 6 pm 7 days a week 

  • A street outreach team member will accept the call. 
  • They will assess the situation over the phone and either: 
    • Provide a timeline as to when they can attend 
    • Advise the caller to call Bylaw or Police 
    • Outreach will attend to the situation and will: 
      • Offer services and try to help the individual to accept services 
      • Help the individual understand why their behaviour or presence (in the instance when there are shopping carts, music, garbage, group of individuals) is not welcome, and provide them with choices 
      • Try to relocate the individual to an alternate location where their behaviour will be less disruptive to others 
      • Try to connect the individual with someone in social services that is familiar with them (in the case of mental health/addictions) 
  • If outreach is not successful in solving the disturbance or relocating the individual: 
    • Outreach will contact Bylaw to attend if appropriate 
    • In cases where there is illegal behaviour is discovered, outreach will contact Constable Anthony Colangeli, or, in his absence, the non-emergency police line

From 6 pm to 8 am 7 days a week 

  • Police non-emergency staff will accept calls and dispatch officers to attend 
  • If it is not a life-threatening situation expectation should be that an officer will attend when they can. 
  • Note: At any time while waiting for someone to attend, the situation escalates, call 911.

  • Online reporting of a crime or incident that needs non-urgent police attention can be done here:  

Other Resources


Resources for Street-involved & Vulnerable

We have built a support network for the downtown business community so that when you need help, you know where to get it.

Click for more

Bylaw Enforcement &
Police Services

There are occasions when Bylaws need to be enforced or the Police need to be involved. If it's an emergency, 911 is always your first call.

Click for more

Making Safe Spaces in Downtown Kingston

Here are a few suggestions to reduce the chances of a crime being committed at your location, making Downtown Kingston a safe space for all.

Click for more